Friday, April 3, 2009

Song Analysis #2

Michelle May
Mrs. Malone
A-Block


Song Analysis
Outside-Staind

The song I chose to do my song analysis on is “ Outside”- by staind. It’s a very beautiful and emotional song. Staind is a 4-piece rock band from Massachusetts. They have released 6 amazing albums, many hit singles, and have sold over 13 million albums. The band started in 1995. The band was signed 1997 when Fred Durst from Limb Bizkit signed them to his label. The song “Outside” is one of the bands top hits. I Believe the Song Outside has many meanings. It’s not what matters on the outside, it’s what matters on the Inside. People might be pretty, but they can be ugly, rude, and mean, and cold-hearted on the inside. This song is what you make of it. It can mean what ever you want it to mean, you can relate it to a lot of things. Don’t judge people by their looks, they can be gorgeous but be the , evilest person you have ever met. There are many poetic devices in the song. Like the Repetition of words
“all this time that I could beg you please in vain
all the times that I felt insecure for you”.

Lyrics:


And you bring me to my knees again
all this time that I could beg you please in vain
all the times that I felt insecure for you
and I leave burdens at the door

(Chorus)
Im on the outside.
Im looking in.
I can see through you.
See your true colors.
'Cause inside yore ugly.
Yore ugly like me.
I can see through you.
See to the real you.

All this time, that I felt like this
wont end. Was for you.

And I taste, what I could never have.
It’s from you.

All those times, that I tried,
My intentions, full of pride
And I waste, more time than anyone

(Chorus)
im on the outside
Im looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
'Cause inside your ugly
Your ugly like me
I can see through you
See to the real you

All the times, that I’ve cried
All thats wasted, its all inside

And I feel, all this pain
Stuffed it down, its back again

And I lie, here in bed
All alone, I cant mend

And I feel,
Tomorrow will be okay
But I know..

(Chorus)
That I’m on the outside
im looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
because inside your ugly
your uglyy like me
I can see through you
see to the real you

No comments:

Post a Comment